1) ‘Bibliosmia’ is a word that means enjoyment from smelling good or old books. I think we are all guilty of this!
2) In 1994, Bill Gates purchased a book titled ‘Codex Leicester’ by Leonardo de Vinci for nearly $30.8 million dollars. Staggering!!
3) The world’s smallest book is ‘Teeny Ted from Turnip Town.’ Its exact measurements are 70 micrometers x 100 micrometers and the cost to print it on pure crystalline silicone was $15,000. You almost need a magnifying glass to see it!
4) In 2011, an American man named Ashrita Furman broke the Guinness World Record for the longest distance walked while balancing a book on his head. He walked for 5 hours, 9 minutes and 58 seconds straight and covered 20 miles! Pretty impressive.
5) Ever wonder how some of your favorite titles came to be? Let’s take ‘Green Eggs and Ham‘ by Dr. Seuss, for example. You’ll be surprised to find that in 1960, Seuss’ editor, made a bet with him that he couldn’t write a book with 50 words or less. Lo and behold, ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ was born using EXACTLY 50 words.
We hope that you found these tidbits of information as interesting and shocking as we did! If you want more facts like these, click here! We have tons of books BURSTING with mind blowing facts about everything under the sun. Visit www.discoverbooks.com now!