I bet you’re wondering what we have in our magical bag of lucky charms for this week’s blog, right?! Well you are in for a treat because we have an entire pot of gold filled to the top with DIY treats and projects to help you celebrate the holiday like a true Leprechaun!
1) First up, a Glitter Shamrock Banner made from old book pages! If you have any old books laying around that you are looking to turn into something magnificent, you can use this DIY project to make awesome St. Patty’s Day decor. Check out lollyjane.com for even more great ideas! Click on the picture below to learn how to make this banner!
2) Festive Library Book Displays – One of the most creative and festive library book displays that we have seen leading up to St. Patrick’s Day is featured below and was created at the Tamarack District Library in Lakeview, Michigan! This is awesome, with a rainbow and even a pot of gold at the end! Send us pictures of your library’s most creative display and you might even see it on our blog soon!
3) Mint Oreo Hot Chocolate – We can’t really think of anything more perfect to go with a warm blanket, quiet corner and favorite book on St. Patty’s Day other than some delicious, green, magical hot chocolate. This one from Tonya Staab’s blog is a real crowd-pleaser! For our 21-year-old and over crowd, you might even want to spice your recipe up with an adult beverage option..maybe a little Bailey’s Irish Cream to liven up the mood and get you in the Irish spirit?? Just a thought 🙂
4) Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – Food.com has outdone themselves this year and we want to share with you the easiest, most delicious recipe for the traditional Irish meal of the holiday. Check it out and don’t forget to save us some! We’re coming over for dinner!!
5) Leprechaun Bookmarks – These are the cutest, easiest, CHEAPEST bookmarks that you can make. How clever is this idea from The Huffington Post?! All you need to do is swing through your local hardware store and pick up some paint swatches. Then let your little ones go to town with stickers and sparkles to make their own unique creations to use while indulging in their new favorite book! If this doesn’t make reading (and St. Patty’s Day) fun, we don’t know what will!
From all of us here at Discover Books, we would like to wish you a very happy and safe St. Patty’s day.
And guess, what…YOU’RE IN LUCK! When you hang with us, you don’t have to be Irish to get lucky and keep your pot of gold in-tact!
We have a special Leprechaun discount code for you to use on your next purchase.
Use code LUCKY20 to save 20% on your next purchase of 2 or more books!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!!